Balancing the Chakras Can Lead to All-Around Good Health
You may be thinking chakra balancing and the whole chakras thing is some New Age mumbo jumbo that is complete nonsense. What we can’t see physically with regards to our bodies we find it too strange or hard to relate to.
The word “chakra” is Sanskrit for “a wheel or disc turning”. Much of the original information on chakras came from the Upanishads who orally passed it on a thousand years before it was written down for the first time in 1200-922 BCE.
In other words, chakras are not a new phenomenon. As far as finding it strange or not relating to it because we can’t see it. We certainly trust electricity without question when we turn on a light switch or turn on the computer monitor to sign on.
According to traditional Indian medicine, chakras are wheel-like vortices that exist in the surface of the etheric double of the human body. The chakras or “force centers” or “whirls of energy” permeate from a point on our physical body.
These points are at the central core starting from the top of the head to the base of the spine. The seven spinning wheel-like energy centers, or chakras, are able to receive, assimilate, and transmit energy. Sometimes they are called “chi”, “qi”, “prana”, or “universal intelligence”.
The seven major chakras are located with a corresponding color to a certain area of the body:
- First, is the crown chakra, located at the top of the head, color is violet, and corresponds to the pituitary gland.
- Second, is the third eye chakra, indigo is its color and relates to the pineal gland.
- Third, is the throat chakra, color is blue, and it’s the thyroid gland.
- Fourth, is the heart chakra, color is green, and it’s the thymus gland.
- Fifth, is the solar plexus chakra, color is yellow, and it’s the adrenal gland.
- Sixth, is the sacral chakra, color is orange, and it’s the reproductive system.
- Last but not least, the seventh chakra is the root chakra at the base of the spine and its color is red.
Once these chakras are out of balance, due to ill health, they become distorted, misaligned, and stagnant. These life force energies cannot flow freely inside and out, so the physical body suffers.
That is when stress, unhealthy diet, lack of exercise, toxicity, suppressing emotions, or over-expressing emotions causes the entire chakra system to shut down.
From these seven chakras there resonates a particular frequency of vibration. They are then balanced by inviting them back to their natural state of vibration and frequency by using certain tools and techniques.
When stimulating the senses in a positive manner, the nervous system is balanced. Our body is made of many integral parts that are designed to be self-correcting. It’s the body’s job to maintain balance and a free flow of energy. The chakras are an energetic gateway, providing a channel in releasing and dispersing this energy.
When you are at this optimized state then health, happiness and inner peace flow easily and naturally. Balancing the chakras, quite simply, is a matter of bringing the chakras back to their natural state of frequency and vibration. This can be achieved by many different techniques.
You can try one or more in balancing the chakras with the following:
- Yoga (including breathing exercises) and meditation
- Physical activity and exercise
- Color/Light Therapy
- Crystals or gems
- Pendulums or hands
- Touch Therapy
- Maintaining an optimistic and positive outlook
- Binaural Sound Frequencies
- Hypnosis and Affirmations
- Sacred Geometry
Chakra balancing does promote good health for all aspects of our physical, mental, spiritual, emotional, and psychological components by making sure there is internal harmony.
They influence a lot of the physical processes and conditions in our bodies such as the endocrine system, body shape, chronic illnesses, and mental behavior.
Here are some of the positive effects of chakra balancing:
- Happiness and inner peace
- Physical strength and stamina
- Balance with the inner and out world
- Better understanding of your emotional states
- Ongoing spiritual growth and maturation
- Spiritual healing from higher patterns of consciousness, awareness, and acceptance
- Kindness and affectionate
- Increased confidence
- Realization of one’s the True Self
As you can see there is time involved as well as commitment and diligence with balancing the chakras. It’s not as simple as taking medication. It definitely requires a lot of work.
There is that expression that says “no pain, no gain.” Sometimes simple awareness of chakra balancing can be like the explanation is the cure. Try it and once you do, you’ll wonder why it took you so long.